The most important method of prevention of dental kind professional tooth cleaning. There is Plaque and calculus lies in the removal of bacterial deposits.
In most of the clinics to use ultrasonic devices to clean allow the crowns in the shortest possible time without damage to the enamel.
Dental cleaning with the help of ultrasound is with the help of a special machine, the generation of the ultrasonic waves, high-frequency oscillations. Do not hurt this device the tooth enamel due to the possibility of regulation of frequency of 20 to 50 KHz.
The oscillation movements of the shaft wear to loosen the Plaque both soft and hard type, which is then easily washed off with water.
Most methods of cleaning in the doctor's room crowns is aimed only at the removal of the soft deposits. Only a few of them are able to cope with Tartar, but a high probability of damage to the tooth enamel.
Ultrasonic cleaning will not damage the surface of the tooth and aims to solve several tasks at the same time:
- removal of solid deposits, such as in the visible part of the crown and in the area of the gingival pockets below the gumline;
- remove the soft Plaque;
- The elimination of pigmented layer, leading to the whitening of the tooth.
Thanks to the high quality removal of deposits, the risk for periodontal disease, and lesions of the teeth to caries is reduced to a Minimum.
Advantages and disadvantages
In comparison to other methods of cleaning the teeth, cleaning with ultrasound, its special advantages, but also disadvantages.
The major advantages include the following:
- Security for e-mail. Ultrasonic cleaning System in such a way arranged that it acts directly on the surface of the teeth. This reduces the likelihood of damage.
- The quality of the cleaning. Ultrasound is able to the removal of solid deposits under the gums that it is unaffordable for most of the other methods.
- At the same time with the cleaning of Plaque, gentle tooth whitening, to its natural tone.
- With this procedure, can immediately assess the condition of the fabric, with solid deposits and pathological change to notice.
- This process takes a short period of time and requires no special training.
- The cleaning is pain-free. In the case of a large number of deposits in the area of the gums, the application can be used or local anesthesia, with a minimal dose of anesthetics.
- This technique can be combined with other possibilities for the professional cleaning of crowns.
- The procedure has a reasonable price.
The disadvantages of this system are:
- often when cleaning, as necessary, to curettage gingival pockets, which is equipped with a special nozzle. In some cases, this leads to a little bleeding of the gums, swelling and redness;
- the quality of work and integrity of the Email is directly dependent on the professionalism of the dentist, because the procedure for cleaning sees the direct impact of the tip of the nozzle, ultrasonic device and deposits;
- stippling effect depends on the type of the device. In older models, where an ultrasound increases elliptical, then the probability of damage to the periodontal tissue and crowns.
Terms and conditions of employment
Indications to perform a professional cleaning of the teeth with the use of ultrasonic devices:
- frequent relapses of the inflammation of periodontal tissue;
- a large number of dental plaqueas a soft and firm style;
- the poor quality of the Hygiene of the oral cavity;
- Prevention of dental diseases.
If the procedure is banned
This method can only be used if the patient has no contraindications:
- The availability of the device for the artificial maintenance of heart rhythm or other implanted Incentive devices. Unfortunately, the impact of the waves of the ultra-limited noise not only on the oral cavity. The Vibration can be transmitted to the whole body and cause the malfunction of the device or its stimulating break.
- Pathological high sensitivity of tooth enamel. The action of the waves is not only on the superficial cleaning, but also to the removal of pigments and bacteria from the micro-pores of enamel, which can provoke a worsening of the Situation.
- Pregnancy. Studies have shown that the ultrasonic wave, even a small frequency and power, can lead to changes in the work of the metabolic processes of the body of the woman, which has a direct influence on the development of the fetus. Particularly acute is the effect of taking the body in the first Trimester of pregnancy. In the remaining months of the implementation of this method is permitted when there is no General pathology.
- Period removable dentition. In this time spend cleaning is not recommended, because in children the tooth enamel to thin. You can use the Service only about the incident 2 years after the last Eruption of the tooth. Exactly in this time, the Email reaches the desired density and thickness.
- Diseases of the heart. The effect of ultrasonic waves may be a short-term disruption of the rhythm.
- Bronchitis in the chronic Form, or bronchial Asthma. The device is able to influence the work of the blood vessels leading to their narrowing and the occurrence of seizures. In the presence of these diseases asthma attack.
- Infections of the respiratory tract. Because the cleaning caused dental injury or periodontal tissue, the infection in the wounds and inflammation to provoke.
To remove a special device to use in the ergonomic Design. In his case is an ultrasonic generator, the on the top of the wave of adjustable frequency. For ease of operation and quality of cleaning, nozzle cleaning handles of the device can be changed.
For the procedure a classical series of hand-pieces, it is provided:
- Cleaning of the visible parts of the crowns of soft deposits;
- Treatment of teeth prior to prosthetic;
- The removal of deposits in the area of the gum pockets;
- Polishing the surface;
- Removal of Tartar.
In addition to a wide selection of accessories that are used for the work, and different modes. The cleaning can be carried out as a dry method, as well as with the application of liquids. There is the possibility, not only the ordinary water, but also various antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent.
Effective removal of debris is effected by double-acting:
- The wave is a pulsed frequency, the tip is oscillating effect on the deposition and destroyed mechanically. To damage to the dental tissue, necessary to the movement of the scaler worn-Linear along the entire surface of the tooth.
- The simultaneous intake of ultrasound and water leads to an effect of cavitation – the formation of amounts of tiny Micro-bubbles, the Plaque and loosen in favour of the separation of the melt.
All of the scaler, with a special lighting that improves the quality of the cleaning.
The procedure of ultrasonic cleaning begins with a tour to the dentist, the volume of sediments and the quality of oral hygiene. To produce, if necessary, patients analgesia local character.
Further, the cleaning takes place in several steps:
- The cleaning of the visible parts of the tooth from the soft sediment.
- Removal of Tartar along the gum lines.
- Curettage of periodontal pockets.
- Then start the alignment of the dental surface with a special micro-abrasive Pasta and grinding attachments.
- Finally, crowns, cover with a fluorinated agentto strengthen the enamel of your teeth.
The effect of white and purity of the teeth remained for as long as possible, follow the Standard-governed oral hygiene:
- Not abusing and inking carbohydrate products that result in the formation of bacterial deposits and pigmentation of the enamel.
- The most important rule is the qualitative cleaning of crowns. This requires the use of an ordinary brush. You will also need a dental floss, brush and rinse. In addition, it is recommended that regular Waterpik use.
- Don't avoid regular visit to the dentist, the dental diseases in time to notice in the early stages of their development.